PR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE VACANCY
We are currently looking for a new PR Account Executive to join our team. If this might be you or if you know someone that might be interested then please read on for more information and how to apply. Thanking you and Good luck! The details: Ideally this is a full time position but we’re […]
We are currently looking for a new PR Account Executive to join our team. If this might be you or if you know someone that might be interested then please read on for more information and how to apply. Thanking you and Good luck!
Ideally this is a full time position but we’re open to other scenarios.
Salary is £22,000-£24,000 per annum pro rata
Remote working or in co-working space
Benefits include 20 days holiday plus extra day (up to 24 for each year worked), birthdays off as holiday, cultural afternoons (covid willing) and training also available.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a culturally curious, down to earth and can-do communications expert to join our team. You will have an interest in cultural and consumer trends and will bring with you 1-2 years of experience, either from working in a communications / PR role within a cultural institution, a communications agency, freelance or at a company.
You will be a fantastic storyteller and natural connector, living and breathing all things culture, with a great understanding of the media landscape, a thirst for securing great press coverage and a track record of making great connections and placing impactful press coverage for your clients. You will be positive and pro-active, with amazing organisational skills with good attention to detail. You’ll have a creative, problem solving and analytic mind.
- Delivering quality, on-message press coverage by identifying media targets and pitching in story concepts to the press across a number of campaigns
- Preparing high quality media materials such as press releases, bespoke email pitches, competition copy, key messages and detailed media lists
- Conducting media audits for new clients and projects, researching where coverage has run previously as well as looking at competitors and how specific topics have been covered in the media.
- Regularly reviewing media titles and sections to be able to identify appropriate spaces, writers and opportunities for our clients.
- Preparing high quality client management materials, including feeding into PR strategy and media segmentation tables, weekly status reports and evaluation documents
- Preparing high quality and engaging client reporting materials including promptly updating clients on coverage secured
- Liaising with the Margaret influencer network sharing news of our clients and working with them on collaboration ideas. Feeding in new ideas for people of influence to add to our network
- Attending and playing a key role at client meetings, building friendly and pro-active working relationship with junior client team members
- Taking an active part in brainstorms and idea generation for our clients, working with our team to generate exciting, engaging and on brand ideas for pitches and proposals
- Contributing to and creating excellent, visual led presentations, trend reports and proposals for clients
- Organising itineraries for press trips and arranging / hosting media visits
- Organising and attending events
- Undertaking basic budgeting, keeping budget trackers up to date under Account Director’s lead.
- Organising and managing relevant suppliers including photographers, design and artwork suppliers and event staff (including drafting briefs).
- Being on hand to help out at other Margaret events where needed
- Attending Margaret and industry events and meeting new media contacts
The ideal candidate would ideally have:
- Knowledge of and an interest in emerging cultural trends in the UK; from independent films, music, photography, visual arts, fashion, travel, food & drink etc
- Great writing skills and knowledge of how to create engaging press releases and pitches for media
- Have existing contacts within the arts and culture and consumer lifestyle media
- Secured press coverage in a range of consumer lifestyle media titles.
- Have an in depth knowledge of the media landscape in the UK with a hunger to learn more about the global media landscape and opportunities
- Be nimble and able to create content and work across social media
- Have experience in working with and be starting to create your own network of people of influence within a broad cultural spectrum in the U.K
- A proven ability to work collaboratively and build effective relationships.
- An interest in learning, becoming a PR and cultural expert, to be able to confidently express an opinion and ideas.
- A flexible timetable and be available for occasional weekends and holidays.
As an equal opportunities employer, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Minority and Ethnic backgrounds as they are currently underrepresented in this area. All appointments will be made on merit of skill and experience relative to the role.
To apply for the role please send in your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.